Posted today on the Johnson County Community College electronic mail server, Infolist:
THURSDAY, APRIL 30: SWINE FLU UPDATE
The World Health Organization has raised the threat level of a swine flu pandemic from 4 to 5. There are still no cases of swine flu in Johnson County and no new cases in Kansas; a probable case is being investigated in Platte County, Mo.
Please continue to take health precautions.
A task force of representatives from Instruction, Student Services, WCED, Human Resources, Marketing and Communications, Information Services and JCCC Police is reviewing procedures and policies should the need arise to react to a local situation.
For additional information:
- Center for Disease Control http://www.cdc.gov/flu/swine/investigation.htm
- The World Health Organization, http://www.who.int/en/
- The Kansas Department of Health and Environment, http://www.swinefluks.org
- Johnson County Health Department, http://health.jocogov.org
- Johnson County Health Department flu hotline, 913-826-1263