February board of trustees meeting packet now online
The February board packet is now available online. The JCCC board of trustees meets at 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 17 in the Hugh Speer board room, 137 GEB.
As a reminder, the college no longer provides paper copies of the board packet before each monthly meeting of the board of trustees as part of JCCC’s sustainability and cost containment efforts.
Posted to the JCCC electronic mail server, Infolist:
A quick scan of the board packet reveals:
- Increase in property insurance due to new Olathe Medical Center facility.
- Revision of travel/reimbursement policies
- Capital Acquisitions & Improvements:
- Energy Efficiency costs: $1.1 million
- Hospitality & Culinary Academy projected cost: $10 million
- Olathe Medical Center facility cost: $15 million
- Technology projects include wireless campus, support for mobile devices
- Performing Art Series audience increases specifically among JCCC students from 0.3 to 3 percent of total ticket sales. New season to include:
- World Premiere of “Thhe Miles Davis Experience”
- “Get the Led Out” – The American Led Zepplin
- “Young Frankenstein” (tentative)
- “Fiddler on the Roof” (tentative)
- Henson Alternative Puppets
- New courses approved: mobile app development, principles of sustainability.